Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day 2009

I remember the very first Earth Day in 1970. My Mom, sister and I were in New York City. It was a thrill to walk down Fifth Avenue - the middle of Fifth Avenue. Mayor Lindsay had Fifth Avenue closed to traffic between 14th Street and 59th Street for 2 hours. Manhattan ground to a halt. I still have my pin from that day. This is an important day. It's about the planet we all share. It's been entrusted to us. We really should take good care of it. So I hope that each of you will do something in the spirit of Earth Day. I'm going to turn off my computers for most of the day and garden.

Grape Hyacinth

Beatrice

Bob & Phil

More Grape Hyacinth

Charlotte

Centaurea Montana (Bachelor's Buttons)

Clematis

Magnolia Blossom

Rocky

Rusty

So from all the plants in my gardens, Beatrice, Charlotte, Bob & Phil, Rocky, Rusty, me and the small humans, Happy Earth Day.


1 comment:

  1. What great pics, love seeing your garden. Happy Earth Day to you too.

    ReplyDelete