Friday, April 15, 2011

Photo Friday: Cactus Close-Up - April 15, 2011

Last Sunday my small humans and I visited the local annual cactus show. It's a small show with one room devoted to selling cactus, pots, soil, etc. and one room devoted to cactus judging. I generally like to take close up photos of things. I like to show just a bit and let everyone else imagine the rest. I don't do that all the time of course, but I have with the cactus and succulents. They have an otherworldly quality about them especially when viewed closely.













8 comments:

  1. Did you bring any cacti home with you? I'd kill to have a saquaro growing in my front yard. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Otherworldly aspect" yes especially the last succulent.... My favorite blooms are some of my cactus that have brought from South Texas, they make the most beautiful cactus "roses" in yellow and also love the ones in red and pink but have not had luck with getting any to plant yet from the wild ones in pasture land....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. I especially loved the cactus with the little white and yellow flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, I LOVE these! You've got such a creative eye through that lens. The images you captured are really thought-provoking. The one of the aloe vera (I think) looked like hundreds of tentacles reaching up to pull me in. Gave me visions of a creepy steampunk story involving a giant squid...or its babies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Crazy Lady. We got some Hens & Chicks for the garden. We're going to try and grow some cactus from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ jackie b We can plant some winter hardy types outside, but the really interesting ones have to be grown inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ChrisS. That is a beautiful cactus. The flowers are so delicate on such a dangerous plant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie - I certainly hope you write that steampunk story! Sounds really good. :D

    ReplyDelete