Saturday, March 24, 2012

Winners x 5 - March 24, 2012

and the winners are....

1) Discount Armageddon (InCryptid 1) and October Daye 1 - 5 by Seanan McGuire and Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy 1) and Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy 2) by Mira Grant.





2) Discount Armageddon (InCryptid 1) by Seanan McGuire


3) Discount Armageddon (InCryptid 1) by Seanan McGuire


Ended March 17, 2012 - See the post here

I was able to obtain signed copies of Discount Armageddon for the 3 winners!


Question:  Who are some of your favorite Urban Fantasy novelists or novels?

1) Paul Weimer who said...

Who are some of your favorite Urban Fantasy novelists or novels?

I'm not a huge fan of Urban Fantasy, but the two authors I do follow are Laura Anne Gilman and her Cosa Nostradamus novels, and Jim Butcher. I've met precious few UF fans who don't like Jim Butcher, and many others besides...


2) Sullivan McPig who said...

You're doing it again: making me chose!!! Bad Qwill! ;-)
Ok:
Patricia Briggs, Laura Bickle, Jess Haines, Carolyn Crane and many more!


3)  BookAttict who said...

Wow! I read mostly UF & Fantasy, so my "UF Faves" list is pretty long, but topping the list....
Iron Druid Series - Kevin Hearne
Persephone Alcmedi Series - Linda Robertson
Conner Grey Series - Mark Del Franco
House of Comarre - Kristen Painter
Alex Craft - Kalayna Price
Kara Gillian - Diana Rowland
Chronicles of Elantra - Michelle Sagara (although it's more fantasy than UF)
Kate Daniels - Illona Andrews
Elemental Assassin - Jennifer Estep




Choice of signed copy of one of Adrian Phoenix's novels - A Rush of Wings, In the Blood, Beneath the Skin, Etched in Bone, Black Dust Mambo, OR Black Heart Loa - Ended March 19, 2012 - Read the interview here.



Question:  What book or books did you fall in love with in when you were a teen?

Denise Z who said...

Thank you for sharing with us today, I really enjoyed the spotlight. I love the Black Dust Mambo and Black Heart Loa series and would love to dive into the others as well. As a teen I pretty much had a pleasure reading hiatus due to the amount of mandatory reading in my studies, but in my elementary years I was a reading loving the Boxcar Kids and then as an adult started up again with Johanna Lindsay and historical genre. Now I am a pretty eclectic reader with a primary interest in the urban fantasy series! My fingers are crossed here and I thank you for the awesome giveaway opportunity. I absolutely love Adrian Phoenix's writing style!


and

amanda who said...

Thanks for taking the time to do this. It is fun to read about the book series and hear about what books got people hooked on reading!! As a teen I only read what I had to. I did enjoy Great Expectations, so I suppose that was the 1st book that didn't cause me physical pain to finish. Ha ha!! I didn't actually fall head over heels for books until my 30's. Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse books were the ones that won me over to hot and hilarious paranormal books. I've lived happily ever after... ;)




Of Blood and Honey (The Fey and the Fallen 1) by Stina Leicht - Ended March 23, 2012 - Read the interview here.


Question:  What are some of your favorite books that feature the Fey?

Lesley D who said...

War for the Oaks by Emma Bull is a classic for me, and I also love Seanan McGuire's Toby Daye series. Thanks for the giveaway; I can't wait to read this one!




The winners have been notified and have until March 31, 2012 at 11:59PM US Eastern Time to respond or The Qwillery will very randomly choose new winners.

Thank you!

1 comment: