Sunday, June 23, 2013

Melanie's Week in Review - June 23, 2013





I will not be winning any big awards for reading loads of books this week. In fact, it was a very slow week for me on book reading front. I only managed to finish one book which was The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley. I don't know what I was doing but it took me much longer to read it than books normally would. I am going to blame it on having the 'lurgy'.  It was a real cross between being ill and feeling sorry for myself for being ill so I guess that influenced my reading rate.

I did start The Big Reap by Chris F. Holm but making sure that I take my time to read this because I love this series so much.

Something else I did this week was watch almost the whole season 3 of Game of Thrones. I have the last two episodes to watch.  This season is seriously tense and very, very dark.  I read the first book after I watched the first series and was amazed how close the series matched the book. I had planned to read the other books but I am not sure I want to now as the series, although excellent is depressing. I am having a hard time finding a hero and when is Joffrey going to get his comeuppance? So should I go back and read them?

This is a short one for me this week but I am planning to be more productive next week with my last two days of work in my current job. Wish me luck everyone!  Until next week Happy Reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment