Sunday, August 04, 2013

Melanie's Week in Review - August 4, 2013






This was a fairly unproductive week on the reading front. Well, marginally unproductive. My best friend was over from Australia and we ended up doing some cultural stuff like going to Tate Britain and some not so cultural stuff like going to see Pacific Rim and riding this funfair ride on the Southbank. It was fun but only lasted 1.5 minutes. I guess that is less time to get vertigo.

My love affair with the Riyria Revelations by Michael J. Sullivan continues with my very own reunion reading of the series.  I have been reading Rise of Empire this week. I am not finished with it but hope to be early next week.  I have been trying to not rush reading them and as they are actually 2 books in one so they take longer to read than I think they should when I start out. Several months ago I sponsored Sullivan's newest book - Hollow World through Kickstarter and guess what?  He has released the ARC. It's a while before it will be released but I am super excited about being part of this literary adventure.

Those of you who read my Week in Review last week will know that I started Broken Elements by Mia Marshall. I quite enjoyed it and so moved onto reading book 2, Shifting Elements. There were some really funny lines in this one and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will be reviewing both of these books soon so I won't be giving too much away.

I also got some 'goodies' from NetGalley this week including A Thousand Perfect Things by Kay Kenyon, Gideon Smith and the Mechanical Girl by David Barnett and Delia's Shadow by Jaime Lee Moyer (who is a featured author in the 2013 Debut Author Challenge). I am excited about reading these three books....and a few others I have in my TBR.  Perhaps I better get started.

Until next week Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment